Saturday, May 19, 2012

Worth a read


Lord Shiva is angry on the mankind for some reason. It's a fable foretold that we are blessed with rain when Lord Vishnu blows his Conch (Sanghu). Now that Lord Shiva is angry on us mankind, he provokes Vishnu from blowing his sacred conch for a period of 12 man years.

This news is then being telecast-ed  in televisions, goes round in internet and flyers and all other mass medias. As the word spreads that drought will dance for the next 12 consecutive years, madness occupies man's mind. Few die, few kill, the rest try to survive.

As time flies, lord Shiva notices a farmer ploughs his land everyday. Shiva ignored him to be a disturbed mentally aggressive farmer. When this doesn't stop, Shiva sends out a mediator to make some sense out of him.

The mediator meets the farmer and notifies him that - here is me informing you formally on behalf of his lord Almighty that you're mankind has to suffer drought for the next 12 man years. Hence stop wasting your time ploughing. It's hardly of any use!

Farmer responded immediately - who said am wasting my time. I know that we aren't blessed with rain for the next 12 years. But it sure will rain after 12 years isn't it! When it does, will I still remember how to plough? That is why am ploughing my farm daily just to keep myself out of practice!

Lord Vishnu watching the whole scene down herein earth, takes out his conch and blows it right away and it starts raining herein earth!

Shiva rages and asks Vishnu to reason out his behavior. Lord Vishnu seeks his forgiveness with a saying - My lord, what if I forget how to blow my conch after 12 long years!


Suttadhu - from a pattimandram show
Thenappan..,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment here...