Saturday, May 19, 2012

Live, Let Live !

It was just another day like every other day, the same transit route, same traffic, same raging summer heat, same traffic red lights, but today there was something superfluous to the routine- not pleasant though – a distinct siren wailing from a distance.

I cornered myself thrice just to ensure if there was an ambulance behind me, or was it on the opposite bay! Unable to locate any I presumed it to be headed the other way. But as I traveled along, after 20  long minutes, finally the ambulance came to visibility and it was right behind me, strangled between a car and an auto rickshaw.

What makes the situation worse is the ego clash between the autowala and the car driver. Unless either one of em loose this race, the ambulance has no go, but to wait until the signal falls green which is almost a mile away from where we are. It was such a pity, it just reminded me of my friend Kavi, when he sees a siren wailing, he’d just close his eyes for a moment and pray for the poor soul in the ambulance.

When someone can spend a minute and pray for an unknown soul, why can’t people just make way while a life is in danger. Is that all the value of a life, a minute delayed could be a tremor to the person in the ambulance.

Worsening it more, after another 10 minute long wait, when the light changed green and the car driver softened and gave up to the local goon autowala, the ambulance took off with a 10 meter tail of motorist and a bunch of autos (no wonder why the car driver hesitated…)

When did man become such heartless swine! I felt like cussing out loud at those chain of motorist trying to catch up with the ambulance, but I held back myself reminding – this is how it is and nothing can be done..,

If Live and let Live was paraphrased to current day’s lifestyle it’d be ‘Drive and Let Drive


Thenappan..,

You might as well like my archive, do take a peek!
http://telltaleclub.com/author/thenappan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment here...