Thursday, July 5, 2012

It took me two years..,


Took me two years, even though it was by choice

I still remember sitting in the interview room affront my then QA Manager two years back. He did ask some tricky questions and apparently had knocked me down. It was one though which would be resonating in my inner walls of my cerebellum.

"How do you see yourself in, say about, 3 years from now?"
This was prompted against me, so I had to answer something witty and convince him to recruit me, so I gave my best (or atleast I thought it to be the best :D )
"Three years from now, I'd be the same place you are now!"
What I expected was a pat for my attitude, but the actual was a failing test case!!!
He poised back - "Do you think I am here in just a matter of three years?"
"Do you really expect things to be that easy?"

There were a lot of questions popping up in my mind in response to such a flabbergasting question "Damn, is that what a manager would expect of me, or would the so called internal politics hinder my growth or maybe I'd never get a chance and I'd remain a resource, the bottom of the cycle whose name, sorry, only his title would be mentioned every once in a while in the onsite status calls!

Fortunately/ unfortunately, I was indeed recruited and here I am, to be seated in an interview room, for the first time not having to answer but to poise questions!

Though it was not by my choices and just an option that my present manager is held up with things, I wouldn't be presumptuous and call this "It was destined to be" for I believe "One paves his way to his destiny"

Am even more gracious that I am here in the place an year ahead while I had intended to be there sometime later!

Thenappan..,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment here...